Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Super Easy Pizza ala Domino

All my kids love pizza including their Dad. Where else can we go when we crave for pizza other than Pizza Hut, Domino or Pizza San Francisco. After a while, you just get tired of ordering the same old pizza, Super Supreme and Beef Pepperoni. So, I decided that I should try and make my own pizza. Again, when you search for pizza dough recipe, you will get thousands on the net. So, which one should I choose? The title Super Easy Pizza Dough caught my attention. well, we always look for something that is easy, right. The ingredients uses cup measurement which is my main criteria since I don't like to use the weighing scale. I did not follow the method of mixing the yeast with the other dry ingredients. I adopted the method taught by Micheal Smith when I watched him on Chef at Home. I like to watch him cook, it makes cooking so simpler and easy.

Super Easy Pizza Dough
by http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Super-Easy-Pizza-Dough-L723.html

Ingredients:

2 cups plain flour
1 sachet of dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup warm water

Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.

Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.

Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.

When your topping are ready, take out the dough and place on a floured surface and punch to remove air bubbles. Knead it gently and then roll it out to desired size.

For me, I will put it in oven for 10 minutes before I add the toppings. I read somewhere that it is better to brush the pizza with oil before you add on the sauce to prevent the sauce from absorbing into the crust and making it soggy. This time, I just use the ready made pizza sauce. Perhaps in future, I will try and make the sauce from skratch. As usually, the toppings that I used were mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes and cheese.

It turned out quite well and when my niece came by later and finished off the pizza, she thought that we bought the pizza from Domino. Not bad at all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment